2013: A long delayed welcome post


So, first off, welcome 2013... its been 19 days and well... it's definitely been a busy start to this year. With the final semester and how badly I need my grades to go up... well hopefully it does, graduating with a 2.smth average isn't really something I want so ...

On top of that hectic schedule is my huge love for SFX makeup. Been trying to catch up with Face Off by recording season 2 on tv and watching season 3 online... lol... and then there is also Once Upon a Time which btw I just started on tv as well... along with TVD season 3 which too came out on tv and next week GLEE season 4 is out on tv too ... watched it half way so am hoping to see the rest... oh gosh... all those shows...

And if you thought that tv was the only contributing factor, there is still this new show I'm watching called Piece which is interesting and also that huge line-up of anime for this season.

Yes, I've been doing my work too... don't worry and of course I do try to get to school on time BUT I'm of course trying to change myself as well... especially in the neat/cleanliness department (laziness) since a huge motivator came up...

The good news ofcourse... how can I not say it... I GOT AN OFFER FROM LCF (London College of Fashion) my FIRST CHOICE school ... well ONLY CHOICE but am really happy... here's how the situation went:

I went with a huge luggage for the interview, bringing all my sketchbooks and MOST of my garments... many of which honestly i'm not proud of... but well... I handed in the transcripts and sat and waited... saw a girl packing her stuff... all those garments she had... oh gosh... I felt very ... ashamed of how I had garments but many of which i would never want to see or show at all... anyway, when I was called in, it was nerve wrecking... I think it was really obvious that I was nervous  and something I didnt want to admit is that I wrote my personal statement the night before because I felt that if I did it weeks, months or days before I'd check it again and again and well it just wont feel genuine and natural? Honestly, DON'T do that... but hey, I went in and showed him my work and he asked questions and from an interview, it turned into more of a natural conversation that you'd have with just someone, anyone. After which he asked my preference, creative or technical and of course, I'd go with creative since after 3 years, I know now that creative is the way to go. He agreed too which was surprising and at the end, he said that he was going to offer me a place in the school. That was when my heart just stopped... WHAT! ME???!!! I can't remember how many times I thanked him. It was my first choice school and honestly to me getting into either my first or second choice course to me wasn't a big deal since I liked both and so now all I have left is to graduate and take an English test and yeah! hey! oh gosh... I'm going to the UK!!!

If any of you are wondering what course I was offered which btw I'm going to accept it, it's BA (hons) fashion design and development. It starts this year, 2013 in September I heard...? Honestly, I cant be more excited, thrilled and scared for my life at the same time but well... I knew sooner or later I'd have to get out and well experience independence and what better way to do it than in a country I love?

No comments: